Prof. Dr. Gopi Aryal did MBBS from Institute of Medicines, Tribhuwan University Teaching Hospital(TUTH) in 1996. He attended clinical observership in Department of Orthopedics in Upsala University, Sweden in 1994. Dr. Aryal completed his MD & PhD in surgical pathology from Tokyo Medical and Dental University. He is registered as a specialist in Pathology by Nepal Medical Council from 2004. He started working as a Lecturer in department of pathology at Tribhuvan University, Teaching hospital. He completed Post-Doctoral fellowship in Renal pathology & Tissue typing from the University of Alberta, Canada in 2006. Dr. Aryal is the first Renal Pathologist of Nepal. He also worked as a team member in renal transplantation of TUTH in 2008 which was the first successful kidney transplantation in Nepal. He was trained in liver pathology in Arm Force Institute of Pathology (AFIP), USA. He worked as a lecturer in the Department of Pathology in Nepal Medical College for 3 years and as Professor and Hospital Director in KIST Medical College for 7 years. Prior to Joining Nepal Mediciti, Dr. Aryal worked as a Professor in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology in Patan Academy of Health science.
Dr. Aryal has a keen interest in research and has attended various National and International Congresses. Dr. Gopi is the Founding Chief editor of “Journal of Pathology of Nepal”. He was also the Editor of Journal of Nepal Medical Association. He has published more than 30 scientific paper in both National and International peer-reviewed journals.
Research Project, Genome Canada-Transplant transcriptome project. Diagnostic application of micro-assay in organ transplantation, Canada (2005-2006).
Follow up research fellow JASSO, triple negative breast cancer (2014, Japan)
Guide, Doctoral thesis of Dr. Samir Singh, KIST Medical College
Life member- Nepal Medical Association (NMA)
Associate Member- American Society of Nephrology
Life member- Association of Clinical Pathologist of Nepal (ACPN)
Member-International Society of Nephrology (ISN)
Member- Renal pathology society (RPS), USA
Member-International Society of Blood transfusion (ISBT)
Member-International Academy of Pathology (IAP)
AWARDS & HONORS
Honjo Scholarship, Japan
Fellowship Grant, ISN, Belgium
Best International poster presentation award, 62nd Annual Meeting of Japanese Society of Pathology, Kanazawa, Japan
Nepal Medical Council
Licentiate of College of Physician and Surgeon of Alberta, Canada
Assessor, National Accreditation Board for Laboratory & Testing Calibration (NABL), India
1. Shrestha UK, Aryal G. Endoscopic resection of a giant symptomatic Brunner’s gland hamartoma in duodenal bulb. JAIM; 2019; 16 (8); 30-32.
2. Karki P, Aryal S, Aryal G et al. Colloid cyst of third ventricle: histopathological and ultrastructural study. Journal of pathology of Nepal; 2019; 9(2); 1590-1594.
3. Aryal, G. (2019). Artificial intelligence in surgical pathology. Journal of Pathology of Nepal, 9(1), I.
4.Sameer Chhetri Aryal, Gopi Aryal. Early detection of cancer in Nepal: Role of liquid biopsy. Journal of the pathology of Nepal 2018; 8: 1399-1407.
5.Gopi Aryal, Sameer Chhetri Aryal, Yurie Soejima, Victoria Sheckler, Yoshinobu Eishi, Motoji Sawabe. Immunohistochemical evaluation of GATA-3, pAKT, and Ki-67 in triple negative breast carcinoma. Journal of the pathology of Nepal 2017; 7: 1196-1201.
6.Samir Singh, Aman Verma, Gopi Aryal, Santosh Thapa. Prevalence of thyroid hormone abnormalities in stage 5 chronic kidney disease: a tertiary care center study in Nepal. Int J Res Med Sci 2016; 4 (9): 3929-3933.
7.Yashad Dongol, B L Dhananjaya, Rakesh K Shrestha, Gopi Aryal. Wasp venom toxins as a potential therapeutic agent. Protein and Peptide Letters. 2016; 23(8): 688-98.
8.Yashad Dongol, B L Dhananjaya, Rakesh K Shrestha, Gopi Aryal. Animal Venoms and Nephrotoxic Effects. In: P Gopalakrishnakone et al. (eds.) Clinical Toxicology in Australia and the Americas. Springer Netherlands. 2015.
9. Sushama Bhatta, Gopi Aryal. Primary Osteosarcoma of the Breast. Journal of Nepal Medical Association. 2014; 52(192): 631-3.
10. Yashad Dongol, Rakesh K Shrestha, Gopi Aryal, B L Dhananjaya. Hymenoptera stings and acute kidney injury. European Medical Journal—Nephrology 2013; 1:68—75.
11. Yashad Dongol, B L Dhananjaya, Rakesh K Shrestha, Gopi Aryal. Pharmacological and Immunological Properties of Wasp Venom. In: Siva Kumar Joghi Thatha Gowder. (ed.) Pharmacology and Therapeutics. Rijeka: InTech; 2013.
12.Aryal G, Singh D. Histopathological evaluation of renal allograft biopsies in Nepal: interpretation and significance. Journal of Pathology of Nepal 2012; 2: 172-179.
13. Acharya B, Aryal G, Banjade N, Sharma S, Pokharel BM, Gotoh A. VNTR molecular typing of Salmonella enterica serovar typhi isolates in Kathmandu valley. Journal of Pathology of Nepal 2012; 2: 220-223.
14. Pun CB, Aryal G, Basyal R, Shrestha S, Pathak T, Bastola S Et al. Histopathological pattern of esophageal cancer at BP memorial cancer hospital in Nepal: a three-year retrospective study. Journal of Pathology of Nepal. 2012; 2; 277-281.
15. Baral R, Aryal G, KC Shiva Raj. Idiopathic myelofibrosis mimicking hemolytic anemia. Journal of Pathology of Nepal. 2012; 2; 324-327.
16. Yashad Dongol, Yadab Prasad Paudel, Rakesh Kumar Shrestha and Gopi Aryal. Acute renal failure following multiple hornet stings. Clin Kidney J. 2012. doi: 10.1093/ckj/sfr171.
17. Enns J, Aryal G. A path to renal transplantation in Nepal. Journal of Pathology of Nepal 2011; 1: 52 – 55.
18. Aryal G. Histopathological pattern of central nervous system tumor. A three-year retrospective study. Journal of Pathology of Nepal 2011; 1: 22-25.
19. Bhatta S, Aryal G. Anemia in chronic kidney disease patient in predialysis and post dialysis stages. Journal of Pathology of Nepal 2011; 1: 26-29.
20. Acharya B, Okada H, Aryal G, Shirakawa T, Hinata N, Gotoh A. Quntitation of alpha-1A and alpha 1D-adrenoreceptor mRNA in prostate tissues from patients with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia. Journal of Pathology of Nepal 2011; 1: 1-7.
21. Aryal G, RK Kafle. Histopathological spectrum of glomerular diseases in Nepal. A seven-year retrospective study. Nepal Med Coll J. 2008 Jun; 10 (2): 126-128.
22. Jha A, Shrestha R, Aryal G, Ad Pant, RC Adhikari and Sayami G: Cytological diagnosis of bancroftian filariasis in lesion clinically anticipated as neoplastic. Nepal Med Coll J 2008 Jun 10 (2): 108-114
23. Jha A, Shrestha R, Aryal G, Ad Pant, RC Adhikari and Sayami G: Cytological diagnosis of bancroftian filariasis in lesion clinically anticipated as neoplastic. Nepal Med Coll J 2008 Jun 10 (2): 108-114
24. Tiwari M, Aryal G, Shrestha R, Rauniyar SK, Shrestha HG. Histopathological diagnosis of lymph node biopsies. Nepal Med Coll J 2007 Dec; 9 (4): 259-61
25. Tiwari M, Aryal G, Shrestha R, Rauniyar SK, Shrestha HG. Histopathological diagnosis of lymph node biopsies. Nepal Med Coll J 2007 Dec; 9 (4): 259-61
26. Adhikari RC, Aryal G, Jha A, Pant AD, Sayami G. Diagnosis of subcutaneous cysticercosis in fine needle aspirate: a study of 10 cases. Nepal Med Coll J 2007 Dec; 9(4): 234-8.
27. Aryal G, Sawabe M, Arai T, Kimula Y, Koike M, Takubo K, Tiwari M, Rauniyar S, Shrestha HG. Value of CK14 and CD56 immunostaining in distinguishing small cell carcinoma from squamous cell carcinoma in esophagus. Nepal Med Coll J. 2006 Jun; 8 (2): 75-81.
28. Takubo K, Vieth M, Aryal G, Honma N, Sawabe M, Arai T, Kammori M, Mafune K, Iwakiri K. Island of squamous epithelium and their surrounding mucosa in columnar lined esophagus: athognomonic features of Barrett’s esophagus? Hum Pathol 2005 Mar; 36 (3): 269-74.
29. Takubo K, Honma N, Aryal G, Sawabe M, Arai T, Takaka Y, Mafune K., Iwakiri K. Are there histologic changes that are invariably reflux associated? Arch pathol Lab Med 2005 Feb129 (2): 169-63.
30. Aryal G, Kimula Y, Koike M. Ultrastructure of Clara cell stimulated by isoproterenolol. J Med Dent Sci 2003 Sep; 50 (3): 195-202.