Implement innovative approaches to achieve quality benchmarks and develop a culture of ongoing accountability and performance improvement in critical care service delivery. Reiterative process of Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) approach for quality improvement will be followed. We will choose the right metric that will gauge the quality of care in ICU.
The following initiatives and performance management tools will be implemented.
Initiatives and Performance Management Tools:
- Admission, Discharge and Triage (ADT) Scores
- Trauma Performance Improvement Tools
- ICU Protocol Toolkit
- Critical Care Scorecards
- Sepsis Management Toolkit
- Neurosurgery Performance Improvement Tools
- Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Toolkit
- Infection Control Toolkit
- Rapid Response Team Toolkit
- Surge Capacity Management Toolkit
- Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) Toolkit
- Critical Care Nurse Training Toolkit
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia and Central Line Infection Toolkit
- CU Quality Measures Toolkit Conclusion Improving care in ICU will be the ultimate goal of the department. The services provided by the department will be safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient - centered. The Department of Critical Care will lead the change in critical care service delivery in Nepal.